Journal of Fisheries and Life Sciences
College of Fisheries, Mangaluru Golden Jubilee Celebration
In Joint Collaboration With
ICAR, CIFE, CIFA, CMFRI, CIFT, CIFRI, CIBA, NFDB, NBFGR, MPEDA, DEPT. OF FISHERIES- GOK, KFDC & SOCIETY OF FISHERIES AND LIFE SCIENCES
It gives me an immense pleasure to draw your attention about the premier institute of the country- The College of Fisheries, Mangalore was born in the year 1969 as the 1st Fisheries College in the Country and completing its glorious 50 years of service in the field of fisheries education and research. The University administration and the alumni of this institute have decided to celebrate this 2018-19 as “Golden Jubilee Year” with yearlong programmes as detailed below:
- Series of Guest Lectures by calling national and international fisheries experts.
- National Symposium – 2019.
- National Mathsyamela 2019.
- Global Alumni Meet (GAMeet 2019) along with Golden Jubilee closing function (October 2019).
- All India Fishco Cultural Festival - 2018 (Youth festival by calling students from all 26 Fisheries Colleges of the country).
- Inter-Collegiate Dakshina Kannada and Udupi District Fishco Festival – 2018.
- Establishment of Prof. HPC Shetty’s bust in the main campus.
- Construction of Golden Jubilee Memorial Building which can accommodate training hall, a museum, aquarium and central lab.
- And many more events.